commons-user mailing list archives

From Alfonso <barbol...@jazzfree.com>
Subject HTTPClient - Tomcat 4 stop/restart problem
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 21:50:28 GMT
Until now I've used the HTTPClient 2.0 without problems. Now I've
designed an application that fetches pages in a background thread for
Tomcat that is started in a Tomcat Listener. Everything works fine, that
is, under the manager/html Tomcat page I can start and stop the
application. However, when trying to remove the application I get an
error saying that Tomcat was unable to delete everything.

Looking in the application directory, there are no files left except for
the HttpClient jar file. Trying to delete it manually in the server
gives an error saying that the archive is in use (W2K). The only way of
deleting the jar file is stopping Tomcat.

Looks to me that there is some special cleanup that I've not done
properly. Does this sound familiar to anyone ?

Thanks in advance

Alfonso