commons-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Westermarck <>
Subject Re: configuring Logging
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:43:37 GMT
Ashish Naik wrote:
> I am not able to understand how to confifigure Log4J for Commons logging
> API.
> I have added log4j.jar to my classpath. How do I set
> I am refering to Logging User Guide at

You need two separate configuration files - one for commons-logging and
one for log4j.

The configuration file for commons-logging needs to be named and in your case, since you want to use
log4j, the content of the file should be:

That will tell commons-logging that you want to use log4j as your
logging implementation.

You can then configure log4j as you normally do in the file

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message