commons-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Westermarck <fredrik.westerma...@mdh.se>
Subject Re: configuring Logging
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:43:37 GMT
Ashish Naik wrote:
> I am not able to understand how to confifigure Log4J for Commons logging
> API.
>
> I have added log4j.jar to my classpath. How do I set
> log4j.configuration=log4j.properties
>
> I am refering to Logging User Guide at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html

Hi!

You need two separate configuration files - one for commons-logging and
one for log4j.

The configuration file for commons-logging needs to be named
commons-logging.properties and in your case, since you want to use
log4j, the content of the file should be:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory

That will tell commons-logging that you want to use log4j as your
logging implementation.

You can then configure log4j as you normally do in the file
log4j.properties.