commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Stacey" <Mark_Sta...@vodafone.ie>
Subject Email validation of TLD .museum
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:39:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the 1.0.2 release of the validator component. I have validation
switched on in my web app using struts.

For an email address that I need to enter, it validates most of them correctly.
However, the MS exchange email address .local and the gTLD .museum that
ICANN has defined isn't allowed. Looking at the code, and indeed the latest
code in EmailValidator.java, it seems that any email address with a TLD
greater than 4 characters is invalid.

I don't mind the .local for the moment, but i think the .museum should be
allowed? Is there a work around for this or is it in the pipeline?

thanks!

Mark
Mark Stacey

Use of Vodafone Mail is subject to Terms and Conditions  http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/website