commons-user mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: httpclient md5 and asc files
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:25:19 GMT
Thomas,

HttpClient 2.0 tuned out to be quite robust. We had only four bug fixes since
the 2.0 final release, none of which can be considered serious. Basically
at this point I personally see no reason to release as there are no compelling
reasons to upgrade (unless bitten by one of those minor bugs). As far as
we are concerned HttpClient 2.0 is a dead-end. We would like see people consider
upgrading straight to 3.0 which brings several significant enhancements compared
to 2.0.

As to 2.0.1 release, it will happen as soon as there's at least one more
or less serious bug to be fixed in the 2.0 branch, or to coincide with the
first 3.0 BETA expected around late August - September timeframe.

Oleg