commons-user mailing list archives

From Kees Jongenburger <ke...@dds.nl>
Subject [jxpath] howto optimize
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:56:52 GMT
Hi

I am in  the process of learing jxpath and I wonder if it is possible to
optimize results.
(I am programming against the mmbase bridge)
http://www.mmbase.org/api/org/mmbase/bridge/Cloud.html

and have this jxpah query

JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(cloud);
NodeManager nodeManager = (NodeManager) context.getValue("nodeManagers[name =
'news' ]/.");

This of course gets all "nodeManagers" and iterates though the result. Now the
Cloud interface also has a method getNodeManager(String name);
that I called via jxpath
JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(cloud);
context.getVariables().declareVariable("cloud", cloud);
NodeManager nodeManager
=(NodeManager)context.getValue("getNodeManager($cloud,'news')");

This of course looks to much like java code:)

can sombody tell me is it's possible  for jxpath to delegate some "constraints
(like name = "news") to an other class?

my second question:
is there a way I can disable the jxpath feature that enables it to call static
methods? I would like to use jxpah to provice access to mmbase from a remote
location but
JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(new String());
context.getValue("java.lang.System.exit(1)");

scares me :)

greeting and (for me sleepless nights).