commons-user mailing list archives

From Kwan Michael <gomai...@yahoo.com>
Subject [dbcp] cast connection from datasource to OracleConnection failed. connection.getDelegate() returns a oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:30:52 GMT
I m using Tomcat 4.1.27, oracle 9i.

I have database pooling setup using dbcp (1.0 i
believe comes with tomcat 4.1.27)

so after i retrieve my datasource
and i did the following

Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
System.out.println(conn.getDelegate().getClass.getName());

I read everywhere that it is suppose to be
OracleConnection, but it returns
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection (not even in oracle
javadoc)

Anybody knows why?
I want to use OracleConnection because they provide
statement caching which is not provided in dbcp 1.0.

I also did consider an upgrade to dbcp 1.1, 1.2 but
the performance is not as good as the documents
indicated (i see some performance down turn using
basically the same settings).

MK