commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Mutyala" <>
Subject Re: problem in sending the correct http request
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:03:44 GMT

Changing request header to
httppost.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "TEXT/PLAIN");
hasn't helped.

I printed the request that I sent with the namevaluepair using
        String temp =  httppost.getRequestBodyAsString();
        System.out.println( "Request  Object now is"+ temp);
I got the requestbody is something below

what can be the reason for this kind of ouput when i'm expecting
<A1> <B1> abc </B1> <B1> bd</B1> <B2> 1 </B2> </A1>

Is this the way how the POSTed data is sent across? I checked
out the POST data using an IE plugin and the HTML that is
working has
a name value pair XMLMSG and <A1> <B1> abc </B1> <B1> bd</B1>
<B2> 1 </B2> </A1>.

thanks in advance.

Oleg Kalnichevski writes:

> Ravi,
> If you are lucky setting content type to TEXT/PLAIN
> httppost.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "TEXT/PLAIN");
> instead of
> httppost.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml;
> charset=ISO-8859-1");
> may do the trick. If you are unlucky, the one sure way to know would be
> to get hold of the complete HTTP request sent by the browser. There are
> several possibilities to do so: (1) use a proxy capable of HTTPS
> proxying (not just tunneling) (2) use a browser plugin that can display
> request/response headers for a particular HTTP session
> In order to see what exactly HttpClient sends across the wire you way
> want to activate the wire log
> Oleg
15 Mbytes Free Web-based and  POP3
Sign up now: