commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Mutyala" <ravi.muty...@gawab.com>
Subject Re: problem in sending the correct http request
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:03:44 GMT

hi,

Changing request header to
httppost.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "TEXT/PLAIN");
hasn't helped.

I printed the request that I sent with the namevaluepair using

        String temp =  httppost.getRequestBodyAsString();
        System.out.println( "Request  Object now is"+ temp);
I got the requestbody is something below
XMLMSG=%3CA1%3E+%3CB1%3abc%3C%2FB1%3E+%3CB2%3ECRT%3C%2FB2%3E+%........

what can be the reason for this kind of ouput when i'm expecting
<A1> <B1> abc </B1> <B1> bd</B1> <B2> 1 </B2> </A1>
?

Is this the way how the POSTed data is sent across? I checked
out the POST data using an IE plugin and the HTML that is
working has
a name value pair XMLMSG and <A1> <B1> abc </B1> <B1> bd</B1>
<B2> 1 </B2> </A1>.

thanks in advance.

/
Ravi.