commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: Digester: No rules found matching
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:11:38 GMT
On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 14:05, Steve Fischer wrote:
> Simon-
>
> Thanks very much for your synchronistic response.

:-)

>    I have since
> resorted to using XML Schema.
>
> I did not have any luck with the properties declared in the Digester
> class (probably my ignorance), so I used the following instead:
>     Digester digester = new Digester();
>     digester.setValidating(true);
>     digester.setNamespaceAware(true);
>     digester.setSchemaLanguage("http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema");
>     digester.setSchema("wdkModelSchema.xsd");
>     digester.setErrorHandler(new org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler());
>
> Unfortunately, the DefaultHandler does not offer the option of
> terminating on error (instead it logs [ERROR] messages).
>
> So, I am now in search of an ErrorHandler that does that.

You should just create a subclass of ErrorHandler. It's really trivial
to write. Each of the methods "warning", "error", "fatalError" just need
to be:
  // throw the parameter as an exception
  throw exception;

I suggest writing it as a static inner class, or even an anonymous
class, if you are only creating the digester in one place.

Regards,

Simon