commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject [HttpClient] Re: Download of file causes connection breakdown with debugging off
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:51:53 GMT
Hello Ralf,

This sounds quite strange.  The fact that calling getResponseBody()
fixes the problem leads me to believe that the responses were not being
fully processed.  When executing a method you must be sure to call
HttpMethod.releaseConnection() or read the entire method response
(which implicitly calls HttpMethod.releaseConnection())).  My guess is
that this was not happening.  If you post some sample code of how you
are using HttpClient, along with a wire log
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html> we will be
able to get a better idea of what's happening.

Mike