commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tarek M. Nabil" <tarek.na...@isoft.ae>
Subject SSL Implementation not available
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:54:30 GMT
Hi everyone,

I know this question has been asked before, but I've checked out all the
threads and nothing seems to be of help. I'm building a web application on
Oracle 9iAS 9.0.3. The application is supposed to call some HTTPS URL to
retrieve some data. I'm using the commons-httpclient to achieve that, but I
keep getting this exception:

An IOException occurred while executing the HTTP method: SSL implementation
not available;
---> nested java.net.SocketException: SSL implementation not available
I did all the necessary steps as follows:

        // set the properties
        System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                         "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",
            config.getSslCertLocation());
        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", "changeit");

        // add the provider
        java.security.Security.addProvider(new
                         com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

I'm sure the JSSE is on my class path, it's Sun's JSSE v.1.02.

The certificates I'm using are self signed, but I cannot use the sample
provided in the "EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory" because I'm on JDK 1.3.
Please advise me on what to do.

Thanks,
Tarek Nabil