commons-user mailing list archives

From "Claudio Masini" <claudio.mas...@quix.it>
Subject DBCP: how to reset pool if I change user/password credential in the database?
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:34:12 GMT
I'm using DBCP to connect to DB2 on S/390.
For security reason each user must connect to DB with his own user/password
so I use ds.getConnection(user, password) method to get a connection.

The DB2 uses RACF for password management and it's configured to expire
password after 30days.

If user try to connect with new password the pool throw an Exception because
the password used to connect is different from the original one used to
create his entry in the pool.

Questions:
- is there a way to reset user?
- is there a timeout after that a user/password entry are removed from the
pool and so resetted?

Thanks for any help

Claudio

Ing. Claudio Masini