commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sklyut <Dmitry_Skl...@orcom.com>
Subject RE: JXPath question
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 13:40:35 GMT
Take a look at "Custom Extension Functions":

Collections of custom extension functions can be implemented as Functions
objects or as Java classes, whose methods become extenstion functions.

Let's say the following class implements various formatting operations:

 public class Formats {
    public static String date(Date d, String pattern){
        return new SimpleDateFormat(pattern).format(d);
    }
 }
We can register this class with a JXPathContext:

 context.setFunctions(new ClassFunctions(Formats.class, "format"));

 context.getVariables().declareVariable("today", new Date());
 String today =
     (String)context.getValue("format:date($today, 'MM/dd/yyyy')");
You can also register whole packages of Java classes using PackageFunctions.

Also, see FunctionLibrary , which is a class that allows you to register
multiple sets of extension functions with the same JXPathContext.