commons-user mailing list archives

From "Shahak Nagiel" <sha...@jillandshahak.com>
Subject FileUpload: parseRequest not returning anything
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 01:25:54 GMT
I have a JSP form with multiple standard (text & select) fields, and one
file field.  To confirm, the only relevant and required portions of the page
are:

<form name="foo" method="post" action="bar.do"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="file" size="50" name="file">

When submitted (with all the fields' values populated),
FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) returns true, but
upload.parseRequest(request) returns an empty List.  Any ideas why?

(By the way, this is being implemented in a Struts action class, but the JSP
is not tied to a Struts form--long story--hence I'm not using the Struts
html:file tag.  I didn't think that should cause any issues, but in the
interests of disclosure, there it is.)

Thanks,
Shahak