commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Crall <dennis-cr...@uiowa.edu>
Subject [HttpClient] Unsigned Certificates & EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 14:44:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm having problems getting HttpClient to work with unsigned
certificates over https. Using HttpClient right out of the box, I get
the following exception:

	javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

So I looked at the documentation a bit more carefully and discovered
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory. This class apparently solves my problem,
but I can not get it to compile. Nor can I get EasyX509TrustManager to
compile. Strangely enough the compiler is telling me that certain
classes in HttpClient do not exist. Specifically, the following five
lines:

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClientError;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.params.HttpConnectionParams;
import
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ReflectionSocketFactory;

And this is from within a project where I can build the
HttpClientTutorial with no problem. So I guess my questions are:

1.) Is there anywhere I can download a jar of the
org.apache.commons.httpclient.contrib.ssl package?

2.) Is there an obvious reason why the compiler is not seeing the
classes listed above? Is EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory compatible with
HttpClient 2.0? I am working with HttpClient 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.3 and
Java 1.4.1.

Any advice is appreciated,

Dennis Crall