commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [httpclient] setting the log level doesn't work in some situations
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 02:22:57 GMT
Hello Frank,

It sounds like you might want to use a more robust logging package,
log4j or java.util.logging perhaps.  commons-logging (the package that
HttpClient uses) is meant to provide a generic API for logging that
acts as a facade for other APIs.  Please have a look at the
commons-logging <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/> and log4j
<http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/> sites for more info.

Mike