commons-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Westermarck <fredrik.westerma...@mdh.se>
Subject [logging/digester] SimpleLog and Xerces troubles
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 10:14:12 GMT
Hi!

I'm having a bit of a problem with commons-logging-1.0.3, Xercex 2.6.2,
commons-digester-1.5 on JDK 1.4.2_04 (win32).

Digester is used for reading a XML file and the newer Xerces is used
since XML Schema support (validation) is needed.

When I use Jdk14Logger as the log implementation everything works as
expected, but if I change the logging implementation to SimpleLog no
schema validation takes place.

This is (probably?) because 1.4.2 includes it own Xerces, so I have
tried to use both the '-Djava.endorsed.dirs' and
'-Xbootclasspath/p'-options when running java without any success.

Since I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to solve the issue (and
what's causing it) I would appreciate if someone else had some
suggestions on what could be wrong.

Regards,
Fredrik Westermarck