commons-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keese <>
Subject Re: [digester] reading embedded HTML (or other mixed text)
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 00:25:01 GMT

>HTML is not valid could wrap your HTML in CDATA
>tags in the input document...Alternatively, you could use
>XHTML, which most browsers support. In this
>case, you could then use NodeCreateRule.
Yup, I should have said "XHTML". The point was that the content is
free-form (arbitrary levels of nesting of tags, mixed content, etc.), so
it isn't suitable for parsing by normal pattern-matching Digester rules.
But CDATA or NodeCreateRule seem to do the trick.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message