commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <>
Subject Re: [Pool] Anybody using SoftReferenceObjectPool?
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 20:24:20 GMT

I have looked at your testcase in issue 28918 and added some.
They all work for me. (sun jvm 1.4.1_02)

The for-loop causes an OutOfMemoryError but in the catch block the map
is already out of scope thus the pool can create a new object.

You can view my tests at:*checkout*/jakarta-commons/pool/src/test/org/apache/commons/pool/impl/

Unless you know a case that fails, I will close the issue as INVALID
or you can close it yourself.

Vikram Goyal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having trouble using SoftReferenceObjectPool and I think that it is a bug (
If somebody has figured out a way to use it, I would appreciate some pointers.
> Regards,
> Vikram

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: