commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Perez <dpe...@fib.upc.es>
Subject [dbcp] Pool goes crazy
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 08:16:38 GMT
Hi,

I've been successfuly using dbcp as connection pool for a year more or
less, on Solaris, JDK 1.4.2 and Tomcat 4.x, against an Oracle 8i database.

Some weeks ago, since we changed to Tomcat 5.x,  we've experienced only
a pair of times a weird behaviour: the pool of connections  becomes
bigger and bigger until Oracle connections (150) are exhausted. We have
between 30 and 50 connections (20 from pool, the others are dedicated
connections), so achieve the 150 limit is impossible under normal
conditions. It seems like the pool asks for more connections... Below
you can see my config (I've avoided user, password and url params).

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/racoPool">
  <parameter>
    <name>driverClassName</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>factory</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxActive</name>
    <value>20</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <value>1</value>ame>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxWait</name>
    <value>5000</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>removeAbandoned</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
    <value>60</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>validationQuery</name>
    <value>select count(1) from dual</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>logAbandoned</name>
    <value>false</value>
  </parameter>

Have someone else experienced this behaviour? Thanks in advance,

Dani P.