commons-user mailing list archives

From <sha...@jillandshahak.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload: parseRequest not returning anything
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 12:05:50 GMT
No, I had no form bean mapped to the Struts Action, but it looks like
Struts was consuming the stream before the Action class was called.
But after looking through the Struts API a little longer, I discovered
the solution:

MultipartRequestHandler handler = form.getMultipartRequestHandler();
Map fileMap = handler.getFileElements();
FormFile file = (FormFile)fileMap.get("foo");

Thanks,
Shahak

On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:34:43 -0700, "Martin Cooper"
<martinc@apache.org> wrote :

> "Shahak Nagiel" <shahak@jillandshahak.com> wrote in message
> > I have a JSP form with multiple standard (text & select) fields,
and one
> > file field.  To confirm, the only relevant and required portions
of the
> page
> > are:
> >
> > <form name="foo" method="post" action="bar.do"
> > enctype="multipart/form-data">
> > <input type="file" size="50" name="file">
> >
> > When submitted (with all the fields' values populated),
> > FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) returns true, but
> > upload.parseRequest(request) returns an empty List.  Any ideas why?
> >
> > (By the way, this is being implemented in a Struts action class,
but the
> JSP
> > is not tied to a Struts form--long story--hence I'm not using the
Struts