commons-user mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Crashing when trying to set username
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:52:48 GMT

> Here is what I suggest for getting better feedback from this list:

Thanks, I deserved that. My mind was elsewhere, and I flunked basic problem
reporting 101. Sorry.

*My code* is old (taken from VFS samples a while ago), but the VFS &
HttpClient code is CVS HEAD. I first detected this problem on Gump, but
unfortunately the code was failing to display the stack trace. So, I
checkout new versions locally and reproduced the problem here. I've attached
the trace below.

The code I am using is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/depot/trunk/update/src/java/org/apache/depot/update/util/io/VfsUtils.java

For futures, the test run (with exceptions) will be here:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/depot/depot-update-ant-sample-vfs/index.html

I guess I was assuming/hoping that this was something recently added to VFS,
and perhaps a work in progress. I threw out a quick mail in case there was a
quick reply. If it isn't something easy to reproduce (and VFS unit tests do
pass), I will add a BugZilla entry.

    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/commons-vfs/commons-vfs/index.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards

Adam

 [repotool] Username may not be null
 [repotool]
org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials.<init>(UsernamePas
swordCredentials.java:87)
 [repotool]
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpFileSystem.getClient(HttpFileSystem
.java:77)
 [repotool]
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpFileObject.doGetType(HttpFileObject
.java:73)
 [repotool]
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject
.java:1002)
 [repotool]
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(AbstractFileObject
.java:358)
 [repotool]
org.apache.depot.update.protocols.impl.VfsProtocolOperationsProvider.exists(
VfsProtocolOperationsProvider.java:65)
 [repotool]
org.apache.depot.update.protocols.ProtocolOperationsManager.checkExists(Prot
ocolOperationsManager.java:140)