commons-user mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <>
Subject Re: [VFS] Crashing when trying to set username
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 21:52:48 GMT

> Here is what I suggest for getting better feedback from this list:

Thanks, I deserved that. My mind was elsewhere, and I flunked basic problem
reporting 101. Sorry.

*My code* is old (taken from VFS samples a while ago), but the VFS &
HttpClient code is CVS HEAD. I first detected this problem on Gump, but
unfortunately the code was failing to display the stack trace. So, I
checkout new versions locally and reproduced the problem here. I've attached
the trace below.

The code I am using is here:

For futures, the test run (with exceptions) will be here:

I guess I was assuming/hoping that this was something recently added to VFS,
and perhaps a work in progress. I threw out a quick mail in case there was a
quick reply. If it isn't something easy to reproduce (and VFS unit tests do
pass), I will add a BugZilla entry.

Thanks in advance for any help.

 [repotool] Username may not be null

To unsubscribe, e-mail: