commons-user mailing list archives

From "" <daniele.ri...@essellesse.net>
Subject Re: DBCP POOL -Standard Pool Parameters for users around 500
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 06:33:08 GMT
Well, I may suggest:
- make sure that you are working with a 8.1.7.4 Oracle Server (that is the
final release);
- cut down the maxActive to 100 (or 50 as you consider apt): this is
due to behaviour of a pooled resource: if there is a peak of requests
the pool will reply opening a huge number of connection on the
db server, and closing them after a long time: of course
this will cause the db server ram to thrash.
- for the same reason move to WHEN_EXHAUSTED_BLOCK, so some users
will wait for peak to move along.
- and finally, test everything under stress.

Hope may help
daniele rizzi