commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: Monolog help
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 08:11:02 GMT
On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 19:58, Igor Smirnov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first time posting here! :)
> I've working with commons logging for the past week and have implemented a new logger
within for my needs.
> Now, since I am not confortable with the whole commons package yet and the user's guide
doesn't help much, could anyone explain me step by step how to set-up my system to use the
new logger?

Hi Igor,

Welcome to commons-user.

I presume by "implemented a new logger" that you have implemented a
subclass of org.apache.commons.logging.Log (which we commonly abbreviate
like o.a.c.l.Log)?

And that this new class forms a bridge to some type of logging system
that commons-logging doesn't yet support?

What logging system exactly is this?

One suggestion: using a good subject for your email will make it more
likely that you get a good response. You could possibly improve on the
one above ;-).

Note also that because the commons email list is shared between a bunch
of often unrelated projects we usually put the particular
project/library in brackets at the start of the subject, eg
  [logging] How to get logging to use new Log subclass

Regards,

Simon