commons-user mailing list archives

From Reidar Hörning <Thyr...@compuserve.de>
Subject AW: AW: [Digester] using Schema Validation
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 16:25:50 GMT
Hello,

maybe you can find a solution for your problem looking at the following
example files and comparing it with yours. These examples are working in
my environment.

XSD-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <xsd:element name="X">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
        <xsd:element name="A">
          <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
              <xsd:element name="Z" type="xsd:string"/>
            </xsd:sequence>
          </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
        <xsd:element name="B">
          <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:attribute name="BAtt" type="xsd:string"
use="optional"/>
          </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>
      </xsd:choice>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

XML-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<X xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" >
  <A>
    <Z ZAtt="unrecognized fault">content</Z>
  </A>
  <B BAtt="content" BAtt2="recognized fault"/>
  <C/><!--recognized fault tag -->
</X>

Have a closer look at the Attribute ZAtt. This is, instead of the
B-tag-Attribute BAtt2, not recognized by Xerces-Schema-Validation.

Using the suggested code I get e.g.:

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
SCHWERWIEGEND: Parse Error at line 7 column 6: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a:
Invalid content was found starting with element 'C'. One of '{"":A,
"":B}' is expected.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content
was found starting with element 'C'. One of '{"":A, "":B}' is expected.

and
31.05.2004 18:20:19 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
SCHWERWIEGEND: Parse Error at line 6 column 46: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
Attribute 'BAtt2' is not allowed to appear in element 'B'...

Regards
Reidar