commons-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fileUpload redirect problem
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:29:14 GMT

"Scott Nesbitt" <scottnesbitt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20040421134238.65564.qmail@web21004.mail.yahoo.com...

> I am just trying to upload a file using Struts and
> redirect at the end of the upload.  I asked the same
> question in the struts users group but got no
> suggestions.

Odd. I posted a reply on the Struts list, but it seems it never showed up.

Anyway, the point to note here is that it's not legal, per the HTTP spec, to
redirect a POST request, so that is probably what's tripping you up.

> I am using just Struts 1.1 and the example upload
> code.  I had to tweak it a bit to fit into the way we
> use Struts, so I guess I could have introduced an
> error.
>
> Relatedly, does anyone else have a problems searching
> the apache mail archives?  I cannot get it to return
> any hits after about May 2003.

Which archives are you referring to? There are archives at Apache, MARC,
mail-archive and Gmane.

--
Martin Cooper

> Thanks for any ideas or tips,
>
> Scott Nesbitt
>
> --
>
> I'm a bit puzzled as to what you're actually doing.
> You appear to be using
> Struts, in which case Struts should be doing all of
> the file upload handling
> for you. If you're trying to use the FileUpload
> component yourself, in
> addition to wha Struts is doing, then that could
> certainly lead to your
> problem.
>
> The error you are seeing looks like it's probably
> related to the request
> already having been consumed, which would happen if
> FileUpload tried to
> parse it more than once, or you tried to chain Struts
> actions.
>
> If you're not using FileUpload directly, and only
> using it via Struts, then
> you might have more luck with your questions on the
> Struts user list rather
> than here.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

> "Scott Nesbitt" <scottnesbitt@yahoo.com> wrote in
> message
> >
> > I am trying to run the example file upload code in
> BEA
> > WebLogic 8.1.2, but am getting an error.
> >
> > All is fine until I try to return from the upload
> > action class. I do a
> >
> > return mapping.findForward("Success");
> >
> > Which should send it back through struts to where
> this
> > is present:
> >
> > <forward name="Success"
> >  path="/html/upload-success.jsp" />
> > Sadly, the jsp is never invoked.  Instead, I get
> this:
> >
> > 13:07:17,653 [ExecuteThread: '199' for queue:
> > 'default'] DEBUG action.RequestProcessor  -

processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=Success,path=/html/upload-success.js
> p,redirect=false,contextRelative=false])
> > <Apr 19, 2004 1:07:17 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
> > <BEA-101018>
> >
> <[ServletContext(id=27649252,name=enames,context-path=/enames)]
> > Servlet failed with ServletException
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: Original request not
> > available
> >         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp