commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Wynter" <da...@roamware.co.uk>
Subject [Jelly] - How do you turn on logging?
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:08:03 GMT
Hi,

This has been asked a coupla time before and not answered. I have embedded
Jelly into my Turbine web application. It has several Log4J logs already.
However it is not clear how to turn on logging in Jelly.

I have added the following to my Log4J.properties file with no result.

#
# Jelly Category
#
log4j.category.org.jelly = DEBUG, jelly
log4j.additivity.jelly = false

#
# Jelly gets configured to write its output onto its own
# category.
#
log4j.appender.jelly = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.jelly.file = ${applicationRoot}/logs/jelly.log
log4j.appender.jelly.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.jelly.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.jelly.append = false

Thx,

David Wynter