commons-user mailing list archives

From "Michael MATTOX" <michael.mat...@verideon.com>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Caching properties
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 07:33:28 GMT
> That is actually what we are doing here. However, the drawback is
> that since
> the properties are cached, changes to the configuration file with not be
> read in with new values. You can use the namespaces to read a
> subset of the
> configurations to reduce the runtime cost, however, apparently the
> configuration is not capable of reading nested namespace.

My idea was to add code to this Singleton for refreshing, with two
possibilities:  watching the property file to see if it changes, or having a
JMX command to make a refresh.  The first should be pretty simple.

For synchronizing, my properties will be used for config data and will not
be changed by the application.  So I don't see any synchronization issues.

Regards,
Michael

--
This E-mail is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  If you are
not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.