commons-user mailing list archives

From "Michael MATTOX" <michael.mat...@verideon.com>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Caching properties
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 07:41:38 GMT
> Have you checked out:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-configuration/in
> dex.html..
>
> There is a component that if you have a container gives you the
> singleton..
> or just cache it..  that is what Turbine does..

I just read the page, this bothers me:

"It is written for use in any container compatible with Avalon's ECM
container."

The reason is I'm writing a "commons" package for our project, and I can't
require a container.  It will be used by standalone applications, webapps,
ejbs, etc.

I got the singleton part finished, it's very simple.  I also added code so
that it will look for "configuration.xml" on the classpath, which is better
than having to specify a path.  The only part I'm stuck on is auto-refresh.
Specifically I don't know how to get a list of the configuration files in
the configuration.xml.  I need this list because I will check them every x
seconds to see if they've changed, and if they have changed I will reload
the config files.  But I can't seem to get the list of files.  Any ideas??

Also is this something I can contribute back to the project?  I'm not sure
if it fits in with what the developers have planned, but from my testing it
appears to work pretty well.

Michael

--
This E-mail is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  If you are
not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.