commons-user mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com>
Subject [Velocity-DVSL] Adding directives to DVSL
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:18:54 GMT
Can anyone tell me how to add a directive which will be available to dvsl?

I have created a directive named "redirect", which serves the same function
as the Xalan redirect extension.  It will allow you to send the contents of
the
enclosed block to a specific file.  This is useful when generating multiple
outputs
from the same XML file, such as when generating HTML with frames.

However, I am having difficulty plugging in the attribute.  I have tried the
<velconfig name="userdirective" value="RedirectDirective" />
under the <dvsl> element with no luck.  I keep getting the following error:

E:\home\inger\jakarta-velocity-dvsl\mytest\build.xml:20:
org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Encountered "#end\r\n" at
line 23, column 1.

with this dvsl fragment:

#match ( "html" )
   #redirect ( "$attrib.path" )