commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject [id] UUID Version 4
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:48:05 GMT
Hi,

just to assure, that my assumptions regarding the usage of the UUID version 4 IdentitifierGenerator
are correct.

In my scenario I use the UUID to give some objects a unique id. These objects can be created
very fast and some are serialized in the application realizing persistance. The generator
itself is created at application startup. The application does not share this persistent storage
with other instances, so my single requirement is to have unique ids independent of the application's
session. IMHO UUID version 4 is enough for this purpose as long I do not set the system's
clock.

Can anyone configm this ?

Regards,
Jörg