commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: jellyswing
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:51:34 GMT

On 22-Apr-04, at 15:51 Uhr, Marco Laponder wrote:
> Oh, I see. So I must create my applet, call Jelly or JellyContext to
> add
> swing component to the applet ? Why exactly do I need the Xwing tags
> for in
> this case ?

XWing provides components for XML models... and, in the case of this
discussion, an example of jelly embedding in an applet.

If you want to use jelly-swing in your own applet, you'll have, indeed,
to write it. (with or without xwing)

> Is jelly mature enough to build 'real life' swing applications ?

Up to you to measure. Jelly is fragile but it can be tamed.

> Are there
> still people developing jelly (libraries) ?

It is in partially active development...
The Jaxme library came about a month ago, for example.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message