commons-user mailing list archives

From "Edelson, Justin" <Justin.Edel...@mtvi.com>
Subject RE: [logging] How can I set the log level on Jdk14Logger
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:45:05 GMT
Configuration of the underlying logging implementation is beyond the
scope of commons-logging, with the exception of SimpleLog. See this page
for details on how to configure the JDK1.4 logging mechanism:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/util/logging/LogManager.html.
The file lib/logging.properties is pretty well documented, at least in
my copy of the 1.4.2 JDK.

The purpose of commons-logging is to abstract the interaction between
your code and the logging implementation, not to abstract logging
configuration.

Incidentally, you can configure commons-logging to use SimpleLog, even
if you're on 1.4. Just set the org.apache.commons.logging.Log system
property to org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 3:08 PM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
Subject: [logging] How can I set the log level on Jdk14Logger

Hi,

I've trying to use commons-logging on the 1.4 platform and it
looks as though the Jdk14Logger is swapped in for the SimpleLog
so my settings for configuring the simple log as expected would
have no effect.

I would like to turn on "debug" level logging but I can't seem to figure

out how to do this in commons-logging without just accessing the
JDK1.4 logging mechanism which I don't want to do since this would
defeat the purpose for using commons-logging in the first place.

Alex