commons-user mailing list archives

From Guy Katz <gk...@allot.com>
Subject commons-logging in J2EE environment
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:41:13 GMT
hi all;
I just recently started working with the common-logging.
I am using JBOSS app server.
it seems I have 2 choices configuring my logging mechanism for my
application:
1. adding my configuration to the log4j.xml already existing in the JBOSS
directory.
2. put a system property with the -Dlog4j... with my file name and than
loose the JBOSS configuration (or add it to my file)
both method dont seem very good to me cause i dont want to merge JBoss
configuration and my configuration.
I am looking to know if there is a 3rd way which is using common-logging and
have 2 different log4j.xml files such that my enterprise application will
use my xml configuration and JBoss will use his.
can I achieve this?
i think with log4j i could have used the DOMConfigurator to load my
configuration as well. did i loose this ability using commons-logging?
thanks for the help.

Guy Katz
Allot Communications
gkatz@allot.com