commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [Jelly] - How do you turn on logging?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:13:10 GMT
Can you be more precise about your classpath ?
Is log4j actually in ? If yes, which version ? You may, otherwise,
actually not be using log4j...

I am surprised about Log4J.properties, I was used to
"log4j.properties". Which OS are you in ?

I used to have logging working into jelly after some tweaking... Jelly
is using commons-logging which, if it discovers it, will try to use
log4j, otherwise the JDK 1.4 logger, otherwise it's own simple logger.
But more is detailed on commons-logging pages.

Be careful that all this is very very classpath/classloader
dependend.... for example an environment like Tomcat can be pretty hard
to debug for such things!

paul