commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Allen" <>
Subject Daemon Help
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:36:49 GMT
I am currently tryin to deploy Tomcat-4 and the only thing I would like
to change is the ability to run tomcat as other user (since I am running
Tomcat as standalone it is on port 80). I have tried to th mod_jk
connector with Apache and decided to not go that route due to the lack
of need for Apache. On the Tomcat list some mention the Daemon and jsvc.
I look at the information and could not find what I need to get started
(I got the jsvc installed but was lost on how to use it in a java
I also took look at the file (from Tomcat 4
source ) and compiled it..yet I am still lost on how to get it to start
Any help that can be provided (point in the right direction,
documentation, examples) would be appreciated.

View raw message