commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jaime Garza" <Jaime.Ga...@newScale.com>
Subject RE: [DBUtils] newbie qs
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:49:58 GMT
I have used a combination of commons DBCP and commons pool before.  Here
is an example, with a different driver...

Class.forName("org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");
GenericObjectPool connectionPool = new GenericObjectPool(null);
DriverManagerConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory("jdbc:hsqldb:data/generation", "sa", "");
PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new
PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory, connectionPool,
null,null,false,true);
DataSource dataSource = new PoolingDataSource(connectionPool);

And after that the datasource serves connections, supposedly pooled. It
worked for me...  Never tried dbutils tho.

- Jaime

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip, Anil [ITS] [mailto:aphili01@sprintspectrum.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 4:11 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [DBUtils] newbie qs

I am simply looking for a library to connect to Oracle, (with connection
pooling ability) that is easy to use but performs decently... I was
directed to dbutils. Are there basic complete examples or a manual? This
page does not explain much.
 http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/examples.html

thanks,
Anil Philip