commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Digester and attribute matching?
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:31:35 GMT
this may well be completely left field but...

i wonder whether it might be possible to use SAX pipelining to add
XPath support. rather than changing digester, create a filter that
splits the SAX feed and sends one copy to a special engine and another
direct to standard digester. the special engine could then use a
standard SAX-based XPath implementation.

the only problem is what is i think is (with hindsight) the major flaw
with the current design: rule implementations have a dependency on
digester rather than an abstract, minimal RulesEngine. so (sign) it
would probably be a bit of hack to do this kind of thing with digester
1.

- robert