commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A." <d.tonho...@m-plify.com>
Subject Re: Commons Net : FTP over SSL and yes I have read the archive :)
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:08:10 GMT
Let me butt in a second:

There is an FTP extension whereby you can have the FTP control
channel and/or the FTP data channel on top of TLS. This is commonly
called 'AUTH TLS', i.e. when the client connects, it asks 'AUTH TLS' and
the data channel is TLS-ed by the server.

For more details: http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/ftps-ext.html