commons-user mailing list archives

From Steve Peterson <stevep...@zpfe.com>
Subject [configuration] configuration breaks tomcat autodeploy
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 14:50:41 GMT
I've just integrated the 0331 build of collections into my webapp and am
running into a minor glitch.  I deploy in Tomdat 5.0.18 with
autodeploy.  Prior to integrating collections I could do autodeploys by
dropping a new war file into Tomcat's appBase.

After integrating collections, and only if I invoke the collections api,
autodeploy no longer works.  Inspecting the deployment directory for my
application, the only file left is the collections jar in WEB-INF/lib, and
java.exe that is running Tomcat looks like it still has the file open.  My
hypothesis is that some file in the jar is being referenced and not being
closed.

I tried expanding the jar into the WEB-INF/classes folder to force the VM
to read the file individually, but unfortunately the problem doesn't occur
in that deployment configuration.

I'm out of ideas on how to run this down.  I know I'll get complaints on
Monday from the other developers on the project about autodeploy breaking,
so any help would be appreciated.