commons-user mailing list archives

From Mike Zatko <mza...@boscovs.com>
Subject Validator with DynaValidatorForm
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:23:48 GMT
Hello,
    I have a DynaValidatorForm called EditProfileForm defined with a
Form Property of "emails". The type for the property is EmailAddress[]
and has no size property which means I generate it dynamically. The
EmailAddress bean has a property of "address", denoting the actual value
of the email adress. Now, in the JSP I have a textbox for each EmailAddress.

>                             <c:forEach var="emails"
> items="${EditProfileForm.map.emails}">
> style="width: 200px;" name="emails" indexed="true"
> property="address"/></td>
>                             </c:forEach>

The source for the generated HTML is as follows:

style="width: 200px;"></td>

In my validation.xml, I have the following for this property:

         <field    property="emails"
                depends="maxlength">
                  <arg0 key="editProfile.form.emails.invalid"/>
                  <arg1 name="maxlength" key="${var:maxlength}"
resource="false"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
                       <var-value>50</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>

The validator is not working on my dynamic fields. I do have other
properties on this same page that are validated fine, just not this
dynamic one.
Anybody have any ideas how to get it working?

Thanks.