commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <>
Subject Re: GenericKeyedObjectPool synchronization
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:55:15 GMT
If I had such implementation then I would have committed it ;-)

The currect GenericKeyedObjectPool could be patched to unsynchonize
the method just like I did with GenericObjectPool. I don't have much
time right now but I can always help review/fix.

-- Dirk

Delfosse Julien wrote:

> Hi,
> first of all, thanks for making these kewl components available, these are
> really helpfull.
> I have to manage a pool of objects (documentum sessions) that will be keyed
> (using the user principal as key)
> I have noticed that the borrowObject method of the GenericKeyedObjectPool is
> synchronized and that will cause unacceptable performance problems on our
> applications, since we manage a big number of concurrent users, borrowObject
> would definitely be a bottle neck.
> Is anyone aware of an implementation of KeyedObjectPool that allows
> concurrent access to the borrowObject method ?
> Thanks in advance.
> Julien Delfosse

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: