commons-user mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@tpg.com.au>
Subject [logging] setLevel in Jkd14Logger
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:48:40 GMT
SimpleLog has getLevel and setLevel methods, but Jdk14Logger does not.
The underlying Logger supports these methods, but it seems on first
inspection that I can only modify the logging level on an existing
instance by "knowing" that I am running a 1.4 Logger, getting the native
Logger instance, and setting the level on that.

Is this the case?  If so, should the Log interface include getLevel and
setLevel, possibly returning null and false respectively when the
underlying implementation does not support level setting?