commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Automatically reloading configuration files, and configuring via JMX
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:01:52 GMT
Automatic reloading of configuration sources is a feature that is on the
agenda. There are some ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

JMX support is a completely new thought. AFAIK this has not been
discussed so far.

Oliver

Michael Mattox schrieb:
> I'm looking at using the Configuration classes and I have a few questions:
>
> - Is it possible to automatically reload a configuration file when it
> changes?  I'd like to be able to modify properties without restarting the
> application.
>
> - Is it possible to set properties via JMX?  I don't see that in the docs
> and I haven't found any discussions about it on the mailing list, but I'm
> curious if anyone has done this and can explain how they did it.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universit├Ąt Marburg
Bunsenstra├če 3,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66592
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de