commons-user mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: HttpClient Post redirect problem
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:15:56 GMT
Javi,
PostMethod#setFollowRedirects has no absolutely no effect because the HTTP
protocol specification prohibits automatic POST method redirects, plain and
simple. HTTP agents should issue an HTTP GET in response to HTTP POST redirect.
Currently HttpClient is not able to do it automatically due to architectural
issues. For detailed explanations and suggested workaround please consult
HttpClient redirect guide:
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/redirects.html>

Hope this helps

Oleg