commons-user mailing list archives

From ol...@bluewin.ch
Subject RE: httpclient --> Can I create a proxy???
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:08:35 GMT
Sez,
This is exactly what a reverse proxy is supposed to do. External users can
only hit the proxy, which in its turn after having validated the request
can execute it against the intranet server and return the result to the client.
There's absolutely no need for the target server to be accessible from the
public network. By no means I intend on selling Squid proxy to you. HttpClient
can pretty much do the job but it will take quite a bit of programming on
your part. For instance, you may need to do all the header translation/rewriting
yourself.

Oleg