commons-user mailing list archives

From "MARU, SOHIL (SBCSI)" <sm8...@sbc.com>
Subject Commons DBCP
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:24:43 GMT
I managed to solve this one, my database url was missing the schema
name, that was causing the problem. I changed it from
jdbc:oracle:thin@.... To jdbc:oracle:thin:schemaname@... But it is still
throwing an exception though a different one. Any pointers?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.close(DelegatingConnecti
on.java:195)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection.reallyClose(PoolableConnec
tion.java:129)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.destroyObject(Poola
bleConnectionFactory.java:311)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(Bas
icDataSource.java:842)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:821)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:518)
        at
com.sbc.hrtech.framework.utility.InitializerPlugin.init(InitializerPl
ugin.java:41)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServle
t.java:1158)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:473)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:1044)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:88
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3960)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
283)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:832)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1125)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:518
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:5
19)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:234
5)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:598)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:297)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:398)
Excpetion in InitializerPlugin