commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DBUtils] newbie qs
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:24:57 GMT

--- "Philip, Anil [ITS]" <aphili01@sprintspectrum.com> wrote:
> I am simply looking for a library to connect to Oracle, (with connection
> pooling ability) that is easy to use but performs decently...
> I was directed to dbutils.

There are several OSS Java connection pools available.  The Jakarta
Commons implementation is DBCP.  DbUtils is a JDBC helper library that you
may use with a connection pool, but is not a connection pool itself.

> Are there basic complete examples or a manual? This page does not
> explain much.
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/examples.html

There's not a whole lot to explain because DbUtils is small and focused.
The examples page is all we have so far but patches are welcome!

David