commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: DigesterMarriesLucene
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:18:30 GMT
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 19:43, Samuel Tang wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I have read the article on the ibm website regarding using lucene
> (http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-lucene) and followed the provided 'Listing
4' to make the DigesterMarriesLucene.class. I downloaded the Digester package as well in order
to parse the imaginary address book xml to see if it works.

> Unfortunately, I got the below error message:
>
>   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DigesterMarriesLucene
>
> My setup is to include the compiled DigesterMarriesLucene.class to the
> lucene-demos-1.3-final.jar file so as to run the class in Lucene by typing in
>
>   # java org.apache.lucene.demo.DigesterMarriesLucene
>
> What I should do to get rid of the errors? Are there any documentations available online
to show me how to do the setup?

This doesn't sound like either a Lucene or a Digester problem.

It just sounds like you don't have your java classpath set up correctly,
or are using the wrong class name or something. And that's standard
Java, so your best resource to solve this one is probably a good Java
tutorial or textbook.

Regards,

Simon