commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daryl Stultz" <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: RE: [jelly] parent and child tags
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:07:33 GMT
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org> writes:
>> Well, you still have to create a class for each child
>> element, don't you?
>> You need something to operate on the tag.
>
>Not if the parent has access to all its child tags with its doTag method.

What is actually going to happen if you don't have the child elements
mapped to anything? In my limited experience, it just writes the tags to
XMLOutput. The doTag method doesn't really do anything in object land.

>Are you saying that there is already a method in Jelly that allows a class
>like Foo to access its child tags/beans?  If so, can you point me to it?

No, I'm suggesting it's fairly easy to write a class that extends
TagSupport that you then extend with all your custom tags that you want to
be able to build a tree from.

Daryl Stultz