commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich....@portalVU.com>
Subject OT Ann: North East Conference on MVC Frameworks, HiveMind and Struts in 3 weeks:
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:58:56 GMT
Most people already know what MVC is, once you know what it is, here is
the next step. Presenting will be the popular frameworks and components
in use by 8 speakers:

-Ted Husted – Author – Struts Chains/2.0 – the dominant framework in
use, from Ziff Davis, to Apple Store to most large commercial sites.
     Husted.com

-Rod Johnson – Author – EJB/Spring
     springFrameWork.com

-Christophe Coenraets – Flex-MacroMedia  - “back to rich UI w/SOA”
(Great blog entry on Struts + Flex)
markMe.com/cc

-Howard Lewis Ship – Author – HiveMind (SOA, IOC, AOP) –  commonly
referred to as “the next big thing”
     javaTapestry.blogspot.com

-Clinton Begin – DAO/iBatis/SQLMaps – the best DAO layer
imo, used by Spring, jPetStore, basicPortal, etc.

-Matt Raible – Author – displayTag/strutsMenu – (displayTag is my
favorite J2EE component)
     Raibledesigns.com

-Jason Carreira – WebWork 2
freeroller.net/page/jCarreira

- Vic Cekvenich – Author – basicPortal (J2EZ – easy and simple to
customize application for membership, portal, cms, community, store,
etc. using bestPractices for large, profitable commercial sites. )

+ more
You will get a CD mailed to you once you register.

April 3rd from 8AM to 7PM in NYC at nyhotel.com, next to MSG. Advertised
in JDJ, NY Times, etc. My guess is that you won’t find half as many good
sessions at Sun’s Java One.
It $99 to register now at baseBeans.com, in a few day's price keeps
going up.